tomcat-users mailing list archives

From "Lakshminarayanan Ramakrishnan" <Vrlnaraya...@Silverline.com>
Subject RE: tomcat-apache?? why Jserv Module?
Date Thu, 12 Jul 2001 06:50:25 GMT
Dear ravi,

I'm setting up a server for development as well as testing environments.
I need both to run parallelly.
Problem comes when i need to have two different databases..that means
two dsn's for connecting to them.
I place this dsn in an ini file in the server root i.e by default the
bin folder of tomcat.

Note this, i need to have one set of jsp files, set of class files(these
are not common to these envs), and ofcourse ini file where i place the
dsn.
At startup i load some servlet classes.

What should do be done:

Have one Apache webserver which caters to both the env's using tomcat.

What i did:

Have one Apache webserver, two tomcats running in the same machine (O/S:
Win'NT)

if i have two tomcats, i'll have two bin folders to place my ini files
have two independent dsn's there....

Is that right?

Should i include two mod_jk.conf-auto in httpd.conf

Awaiting ur reply
Lax