tomcat-users mailing list archives

Site index · List index
Message view « Date » · « Thread »
Top « Date » · « Thread »
From Cory Powers <>
Subject RE: Tomcat & Frames
Date Mon, 16 Jul 2001 13:52:33 GMT
UPDATE: I changed the name of the frame in the frameset and it started
working. The problem did come back once I updated the page again but, I
changed the name and it started working again. There is obviously a bug
somewhere in the code causing this I have filed a bug report(#2605) and I am
waiting on a response.

-----Original Message-----
From: Cory Powers 
Sent: Monday, July 16, 2001 9:16 AM
To: ''
Subject: RE: Tomcat & Frames

I'm not opening any resources on these frame pages, I am only using a couple
of application scope beans that always remain open. I did notice that it
works when I reduce the number of frames to 3.

-----Original Message-----
From: RV Tobin []
Sent: Saturday, July 14, 2001 10:22 AM
Subject: Re: Tomcat & Frames

I think I've solved my problem.  I don't know if it'll help anyone else
experiencing this, and it's hard to tell if I've really fixed it this time,
because the situation seems to get better sometimes, and then gets worse
again, but so far it looks like it's okay now.

I use UD4 to write my JSPs, and the MM code does not close all the
connections.  It closes the recordsets and the database connections, but it
does not explicitly close the preparedStatements, and that results in memory
leaks.  I think the problem is exacerbated when you use frames, because the
connections never get closed, the frames are always displaying and getting
refreshed, and so, eventually, it takes longer and longer to refresh the
pages.  I've gone through all  my pages and added the statement to close the
preparedStatements, and the pages seem to be loading correctly now every
time, regardless of how often I refresh them.


----- Original Message -----
From: "Cory Powers" <>
To: <>
Sent: Friday, July 13, 2001 11:34 AM
Subject: Tomcat & Frames

> I saw an earlier post that described the exact same problem I was having
> with Tomcat 3.2.2 Final and Tomcat 4.0b5 but, I have not seen a response
> yet. I have made a bug report in Bugzilla with no response from there
> either. Here is the problem once again...
> I have an index.html file that contains 4 frames all of which are jsp
> It has been working fine for 2 months. I recently added a link to one of
> pages and when I brought the frames page tomcat would not load the
> page, the browser will constantly try and load the page with no success. I
> go directly to the page URL (outside of the frameset) and the page
> and loads just fine. I go back to the frames page and the page will still
> not load. Tomcat is compiling the page OK but will not server the page.
> Has anyone seen a similar problems.
> BTW I have restarted the server and tried accessing Tomcat directly on
> 8080 instead of using apache and neither have resolved the problem.
> Thanks,
> Cory

View raw message