tomcat-users mailing list archives

From "Hughes, Tim" <tim.hug...@cgey.com>
Subject RE:TOMCAT LOG FILE BEHAVIOUR
Date Mon, 02 Jul 2001 07:55:25 GMT
Hi,

(Tomcat 3.2.1, Windows 2000, JDK 1.3.1)

Does anyone know what the behaviour of log files is in Tomcat?

I have noticed that each time that Tomcat is restarted, the log files get
wiped clean.

What happens if I have Tomcat running as a NT service? Do the files get
wiped after a certain time period or do they just grow and grow until the
files reach some maximum size. If so what happens then?

What advice would you give me on how to setup the logfiles for Tomcat
running as an NT service.

I have not seen any information about this in the documentation or any
relevant information in the archives.

Thanks.

Tim.

of the Cap Gemini Ernst & Young Group. It is intended only for the person to whom it is
addressed. If you are not the intended recipient, you are not authorized to read, print, retain,
copy, disseminate, distribute, or use this message or any part thereof. If you receive this
message in error, please notify the sender immediately and delete all copies of this message.