tomcat-users mailing list archives

From "Jeff Kilbride" <j...@kilbride.com>
Subject Re: How to change the IP address
Date Wed, 18 Jul 2001 06:33:40 GMT
The PoolTCPConnector class has a parameter called "inet" that's not really
documented. I used this parameter to make my ajp12 and ajp13 connectors
listen only on the localhost interface -- by default, they listen on all
interfaces, even external, which is bad.

I don't know if it will work, but you could try including the "inet" param
in the definition of the Normal HTTP connector inside your server.xml file.
Maybe like this:

-----------------------------------
<!-- Normal HTTP  -->
<Connector className="org.apache.tomcat.service.PoolTcpConnector">
    <Parameter name="handler"
        value="org.apache.tomcat.service.http.HttpConnectionHandler"/>
    <Parameter name="inet"
        value="127.0.0.1"
    <Parameter name="port"
        value="8080"/>
</Connector>

Just replace "127.0.0.1" with the IPAddress you want to use.

Thanks,
--jeff