tomcat-users mailing list archives

From "Markus Strickler" <Markus.Strick...@raytion.com>
Subject Re: conflict between jaxp.jar, parser.jar (tomcat lib) and xalan.jar, xerces.jar?
Date Wed, 04 Jul 2001 07:56:50 GMT
Betty-

The problem is with the order the jars are loaded. There is a version confilict with some
classes.
A common workaround is to rename parser.jar into zparser.jar, so it is loaded after xalan.jar
and xerces.jar.

This worked for me.

-markus
  ----- Original Message -----
  From: Betty Chang
  To: tomcat-user@jakarta.apache.org
  Sent: Wednesday, July 04, 2001 5:34 AM
  Subject: conflict between jaxp.jar, parser.jar (tomcat lib) and xalan.jar, xerces.jar?

  Hi --

  I'm running a servlet application that uses the apache-XML   xalan.jar and xerces.jar files
for handling XML/XSL stuff.

  With tomcat 3.2.1,  when I run my servlet,  I get  NoSuchMethodError on

       getNamespaceURI(),  called by org.apache.xpath.DOM2Helper.getNamespaceOfNode().

  I solved this problem by removing the jaxp.jar and parser.jar files that come with the tomcat
installation and sit under
  the lib directory.

  The servlet still runs without those jar files, so the xalan.jar and xerces.jar must do
the trick.

  Is there some kind of version conflict that causes the NoSuchMethodError?

  Thanks

  Betty