tomcat-users mailing list archives

From Betty Chang <bet...@bettyc.com>
Subject conflict between jaxp.jar, parser.jar (tomcat lib) and xalan.jar, xerces.jar?
Date Wed, 04 Jul 2001 03:34:47 GMT
Hi --

I'm running a servlet application that uses the apache-XML   xalan.jar and xerces.jar files
for handling XML/XSL stuff.

With tomcat 3.2.1,  when I run my servlet,  I get  NoSuchMethodError on

     getNamespaceURI(),  called by org.apache.xpath.DOM2Helper.getNamespaceOfNode().

I solved this problem by removing the jaxp.jar and parser.jar files that come with the tomcat
installation and sit under
the lib directory.

The servlet still runs without those jar files, so the xalan.jar and xerces.jar must do the
trick.

Is there some kind of version conflict that causes the NoSuchMethodError?

Thanks

Betty