tomcat-users mailing list archives

From "Nils O. Selåsdal" <nosel...@frisurf.no>
Subject Re: Why so many processes?
Date Wed, 25 Jul 2001 02:49:30 GMT
On Tuesday 24 July 2001 21:08, you wrote:
> I recently upgraded to RH7 and downloaded jdk1.3.1.
> After starting Tomcat I find about a half dozen native thread processes
> running.  Is this normal?  Or, is there a fix?
its normal. And it is as you say threads, tomcat creates just as many threads
on other platforms. Its just that threads are implemented much like processes
on linux, atleast from the kernels view. Dont worry about it, and dont worry
about memory usage, all threads/'processes' share the same memory.

--
Nils O. Selåsdal