tomcat-users mailing list archives

From Jeff Hoare <jho...@ihug.com.au>
Subject Re: run Startup.sh at background
Date Mon, 23 Jul 2001 00:50:57 GMT
OK,
Well what happens? What is the exit status of nohup? what is the output in
nohup.out?
nohup is a pretty standard utility for doing exactly what you want (Iuse it
on the sun box at work). Also what version of tomcat are you using? The
startup script calls another script which starts the java class async, you
may have to amend this to be nohup.

I'm running version 4 and for me the startup program exists straight away,
and I can log out without having the job terminate, but I am running the
server as root (at home).