tomcat-users mailing list archives

From Jeff Hoare <jho...@ihug.com.au>
Subject Re: Too many process?
Date Sat, 21 Jul 2001 06:49:52 GMT
Hi,
Are you using native threads? if so then this is ok (from memory each java
thread gets mapped to a seperate process). If you use green threads then they
should share a single process (from memory).
For example sun's jdk starts 33 processes on my system (depending on your
configuration you may have more or less)

Jeff