tomcat-users mailing list archives

From Dmitri Colebatch <...@nuix.com.au>
Subject Re: List traffic et al
Date Fri, 06 Jul 2001 06:03:14 GMT
I think the big problem with splitting the list is that everyone is going to
be interested in their own little niche.  I for instance learn nothing by
answering many questions that I answer, but I do learn things from reading
other answers.  If the list was split, I would (potentially) have the option
to only see the messages that I would learn from.  This disadvantages other
people on the list.  And this is going to occur at all levels.  Even relative
newbies should be capable of answering some questions that they have just
dealt with the day before.

If we want to reduce traffic surely a digest is the option.  The JBoss list
has a _lot_ more traffic than this one, and I am able to receive that in
digest mode quite happily.

anyway, my 2c

cheesr
dim