tomcat-users mailing list archives

From Niko Schwarz <niko.schw...@gmx.net>
Subject Re: [tomcat-user] how to use generic servlets
Date Mon, 02 Jul 2001 16:23:06 GMT
Am Montag,  2. Juli 2001 15:45 schrieben erhelltest du mich hiermit:

[servlet containers must support generic servlets]
> You are absolutely correct. Servlet

ok, could one say from here that tomcat does not go along the spec in
all cases?
developers, heard that?

> I am still volunteering to write a connector-without-protocol if this
> isn't being done.

im not sure, but as far as i got it now, it is very shameful tomcat
does not allow this.

and its even more shameful regarding the fact that every HttpServlet is
a generic servlet, so there just went something wrong about the
abstraction while developing.

developers, fix that out!

about my app: i rewrote it now to an applicaton, no big deal, but a bit
sad.

best regards,

nick
--
A conclusion is simply the place where someone got tired of thinking.