tomcat-users mailing list archives

From Niko Schwarz <niko.schw...@gmx.net>
Subject Re: [tomcat-user] how to use generic servlets
Date Mon, 02 Jul 2001 06:47:35 GMT
Am Montag,  2. Juli 2001 03:59 schrieben erhelltest du mich hiermit:

> I have just gotten though enough of the Servlet 2.3 specs, and while
> a servlet *must* implement the HTTP protocol, it can also implement
> other protocols.

are you sure you read correctly? if you mean the piece im reading,
which is:
SRV 1.2:
All servlet _/containers/_ must support HTTP as a protocol for requests
and responses, but additional request/response based protocols [...]
may be supported.

The servlet *container* is tomcat, so my servlet would not be required
to support http.

ok, ill read again, i prolly just got it wrong =)

it would be nice if you told me where you find this restriction to
servlets.

regards,

nick

--
Keep grandma off the streets -- legalize bingo.