tomcat-users mailing list archives

From Niko Schwarz <niko.schw...@gmx.net>
Subject Re: [tomcat-user] how to use generic servlets
Date Mon, 02 Jul 2001 06:29:43 GMT
Am Montag,  2. Juli 2001 03:05 schrieben erhelltest du mich hiermit:

> I have no idea about this in practice, but AFAIK I cant see any
> reason why you'd need to depart from a standard web.xml file.  I'm
> assuming that the servlet-class needs to be a Servlet (not
> HttpServlet).  How far have you got with this? I'd be really
> interested to hear more.

oh, its done and it should work, though its not tested.
it isnt long anyway, a complete rewrite wouldnt take that long, but
actually my understanding of servlets was that they were good for any
protocol, so i would prefer using tomcat.
since castor only produced bugs its now a completely serialization
based protocol (sounds weirder than it is).

if you tell me tomcat doesnt do that, i will rewrite and it wont be a
big deal, but that would be kinda poor for tomcat, isnt it?

regards,

nick
--
Q:  How many Oregonians does it take to screw in a light bulb?
A:  Three.  One to screw in the lightbulb and two to fend off all those