tomcat-users mailing list archives

From "Frank Morton" <fmor...@base2inc.com>
Subject exhausting connections under load
Date Wed, 18 Jul 2001 14:16:03 GMT
Intel (4 processors) Solaris 8 with up-to-date patches
Tomcat 3.2.2
JDK 1.3.1-b24
Apache not running during testing
Tomcat on port 8080

Under load directly to port 8080, netstat shows thousands
of ports open and eventually just exhausts connections to
the point that the system can't do anything. Even after
stopping connections to the port, thousands of connections
stay alive for around 2 minutes, then they close and things
around longer than they need to.

I have looked everywhere I know and have not discovered
what to do about this. I don't see any max connections/stay
alive time period/etc that can be configured with tomcat.

Hopefully I'm missing something and one of you can get
me pointed because this problem is serious for us.

Thanks.

Frank