tomcat-users mailing list archives

From "Raphael Kuriyan" <raph_kuri...@yahoo.com>
Subject Re: tomcat 3.2.3 configuration
Date Tue, 24 Jul 2001 16:21:49 GMT
Aaron,

basic question: do you have an index.html or index.jsp in your
webapps/baseball directory? In order to get a page when you go to
http://localhost:8080/baseball you'll need an index.jsp page in this
directory. If you don't have this, try giving the name of your actual jsp
page - something like http://localhost:8080/baseball/home.jsp

another basic question: are you getting a 404 page not found or 500 internal
server error? If you're getting the latter the problem could lie elsewhere
such as a missing or incompatible java compiler.

all the best,
Raphael.

----- Original Message -----
From: "Aaron Cooper" <ARCOOPER@vac-acc.gc.ca>
To: <tomcat-user@jakarta.apache.org>
Sent: Tuesday, July 24, 2001 9:41 PM
Subject: RE: tomcat 3.2.3 configuration

Hi William

   Thanks for your reply.  I appreciate it a lot.  Ok, I will try what you
suggested.  However, I do not have any servlets in my application, just JSP
pages.  That being said, is it necessary for me to define a servlet mapping?
Also, when I try http://localhost:8080/servlet/baseball, it still cannot
find the directory.  I've been following the examples I've seen to a tea,
yet unsuccessful.  Aren't computers fun :)

I'll check out the URL you gave too.

Cheers

Aaron

>>> William Kaufman <WKaufman@viquity.com> 07/24/01 12:18pm >>>
It should be

  http://localhost:8080/servlet/baseball
                        ^^^^^^^
If you want to use

  http://localhost:8080/baseball

you'll need to define your own web.xml, aliasing your servlet to "/baseball"
like,

vvvv cut here vvvv
<web-app>
  <servlet>
    <servlet-name>
        BaseballServlet
    </servlet-name>
    <servlet-class>
        baseball
    </servlet-class>
  <servlet-mapping>
    <servlet-name>
        BaseballServlet
    </servlet-name>
    <url-pattern>
        /baseball
    </url-pattern>
  </servlet-mapping>
</web-app>
^^^^ cut here ^^^^

For more information, read the JSDK spec, at

  http://java.sun.com/products/servlet/download.html

                                        -- Bill K.