tomcat-users mailing list archives

From "Jonathan Eric Miller" <jemil...@uchicago.edu>
Subject How to restrict access based on IP address?
Date Fri, 20 Jul 2001 17:13:58 GMT
Anyone know how to restrict access to a servlet based on IP address (using
Tomcat 4 in standalone mode)?

I noticed that there is a class called
"org.apache.catalina.valves.RemoteAddrValve" that appears to do this.

Does anyone know how I would make use of this class. Is it just a matter of
adding some settings to server.xml, or do I need to do something more?

First off, I would be happy to get it to work on a global level where it
restricts access to everything. However, after I figure that out. I want to
figure out how to protect only a specific servlet.

By the way, the goal here is to use Tomcat in standalone mode and not use a
separate Web server. I know how to do this using Apache Web Server, but, I
want to switch to using Tomcat in standalone mode.

Jon