tomcat-users mailing list archives

From "chris brown" <...@reflexe.fr>
Subject JkMount for servlets - regexp syntax?
Date Wed, 18 Jul 2001 10:18:09 GMT
I've no problem using the JkMount directive of mod_jk within Apache's
httpd.conf

However, with a large number of servlets, it becomes tedious to maintain a
long list of JkMount directives for each individual servlet.  On the other
hand, I don't want to use a simple wildcard ("*") to pass all requests to
mod_jk/tomcat, as -- although simpler -- this would stop Apache serving up
static content.

# Too generic:
JkMount /myContext/* ajp13

# Too tedious with a lot of servlets (especially with long context name)
JkMount /myContext/*.jsp ajp13
JkMount /myContext/ServletA ajp13
JkMount /myContext/ServletB ajp13
JkMount /myContext/ServletC ajp13
# etc. ...

# Not suitable given current site set-up
JkMount /servlet/* ajp13

# I'm looking for a syntax (regexp?) such as:
JkMount /myContext/(ServletA|ServletB|ServletC)\?.* ajp13

# I tried the following workaround, but JkMount was disallowed here
<LocationMatch "/myContext/(ServletA|ServletB|ServletC).*">
  JkMount * ajp13
</LocationMatch>

Any workarounds for simplifying pattern-matching for servlet URLs ?

Thanks
Chris Brown