tomcat-users mailing list archives

From "Govind Agarwal" <gagar...@cisco.com>
Subject RE: Tomcat as an NT Service, in win 2000
Date Fri, 06 Jul 2001 04:18:25 GMT
This happens when the Wrapper.properties file is not configured properly.
Check for all the path mentioned in your properties file and then try to run
it again.
otherwise try to run the Tomcat.bat file in the bin folder or run the
command mentioned at the end of wrapper.properties file.
executing this might give u some user friendly error message if any.

  -----Original Message-----
  From: Henry Kozachkov [mailto:c5vette98@home.com]
  Sent: Friday, July 06, 2001 6:36 AM
  To: tomcat-user@jakarta.apache.org
  Subject: Tomcat as an NT Service, in win 2000

  Will the instructions for NT service work in win 2000. I don't know if
this is a bug or not, but under win 2k, I get

  C:\>net start tomcat
  The Tomcat service is starting.
  The Tomcat service could not be started.

  The service did not report an error.

  More help is available by typing NET HELPMSG 3534.

  after following the instructions at
http://jakarta.apache.org/tomcat/tomcat-3.2-doc/NT-Service-howto.html to the
letter.

  This isn't a request for help, I just want to know if it is a known bug.

  Henry