tomcat-users mailing list archives

From "Vinay Menon" <j...@vinay.org.uk>
Subject Re: need some help on tomcat
Date Sat, 07 Jul 2001 11:51:54 GMT
dump your oracle drivers [classes12.zip or classes111.zip] in TOMCAT_HOME/lib/apps or under
TOMCAT_HOME/webapps/yourwebappname/WEB-INF/lib.

Vinay

1. If you have a jar file you want to share across all your webapps, just put it under TOMCAT_HOME/lib/apps

2. If you have a jar file you want to share across all your webapps and the servlet engine,
just put it under TOMCAT_HOME/lib/common

3. If you have class files that you want to share across all your webapps, just put it under
any folder you wish to but make sure that the System property 'org.apache.tomcat.apps.classpath'
points to this directory.

4. If you have class files that you want to share across all your webapps and the servlet
engine, just put it under any folder you wish to but make sure that the System property 'org.apache.tomcat.common.classpath'
points to this directory.

  ----- Original Message -----
  From: praveen
  To: tomcat-user@jakarta.apache.org
  Sent: Saturday, July 07, 2001 7:22 AM
  Subject: need some help on tomcat

  Hi
  I am very new to linux environment..Recently i downloaded tomcat and installed on my linuxbox...Now
i want to configure connectivity between tomcat and oracle database...Anybody pls help me
out how to do this and the classpath variables and any other settings to configure...
  Pls do needful.......

  Thanks & Regards
  Praveen