tomcat-users mailing list archives

From Vicente Martínez <vmarti...@es.wanadoo.com>
Subject RE: Why does Tomcat spend too much time before process a request?
Date Tue, 10 Jul 2001 07:53:53 GMT

Re: Why does Tomcat spend too much time before process a request?Hi,

explaining more in detail the tests we've made ...

We have tested with a max number of concurrent clients of 100 running 100
seconds.

We have tested with SPoolTcpConnector & SimpleTcpConnector
We have also used Ajp12 & Ajp13 (we've seen better performance with Ajp13,
but not in the time we're measuring)
To time this we've used snoop & Servlets that write timestamp.

The issue is to know if there is any configuration parameter of tomcat to
reduce this time.

For example, in one execution, the average execution time of all Servlets
was 48.47 seconds, and the average "D" time was 23.067 seconds, almost 50%.

Thanks for your answer, David.
  -----Mensaje original-----
  De: David Cassidy (Programmer) [mailto:dcassidy@hotgen.com]
  Enviado el: lunes, 09 de julio de 2001 15:03
  Para: tomcat-user@jakarta.apache.org
  Asunto: Re: Why does Tomcat spend too much time before process a request?

  Vicente,

  You say under stress conditions how many hits are you
  doing on tomcat at the same time ?

  In server.xml what have you got these set to ...

  <Connector className="org.apache.tomcat.service.PoolTcpConnector">
  <Parameter name="handler"
  value="org.apache.tomcat.service.connector.Ajp12ConnectionHandler"/>
  <Parameter name="port" value="8007"/>
  <Parameter name="max_threads" value="10"/>
  <Parameter name="max_spare_threads" value="7"/>
  <Parameter name="min_spare_threads" value="3" />
  </Connector>

  I've only got 10 threads here - you might want more :)

  How many threads have you got tomcat running ?

  Are you using ajp12 or ajp13 ?

  What are you using to time this ??????

  David