tomcat-users mailing list archives

From "Lars Nielsen Lind" <>
Subject Re: SSL Apache & Tomcat (NameBased VirtualHosts)
Date Mon, 23 Jul 2001 10:12:44 GMT
Anyone that have accomplished to get SSL working with Apache/Jakarta-Tomcat and NameBased VirtualHosts?

Is it possibe to receive a copy of the httpd.conf and the SSL conf files - and an URL to the
website where it is working?

Lars Nielsen Lind

----- Original Message -----
From: "Lars Nielsen Lind" <>
To: <>
Sent: Thursday, July 19, 2001 10:24 PM
Subject: Re: SSL Apache & Tomcat (NameBased VirtualHosts)

It dows not function correct. So I'll have to start one Apache instance with the httpd.conf
file (port80) and another with the httpd_ssl.conf file (port443 - made by myself). Just as
it is written in Professional Apache from Wrox.

It is apparently the one and only way to solve the problems with NameBased VirtualHost and

I have tried to use the apache, apachectl command, and also the /ect/rc.d/init.d/httpd start
command with -f <filename>, but it won't start with the SSL settings. The apache and
apachectl won't work at all.

Any solutions.