tomcat-users mailing list archives

From "Kelly E. Grooms" <kellygro...@telocity.com>
Subject Apache cannot connect to Tomcat
Date Sat, 28 Jul 2001 21:50:33 GMT
Hello,

I've scoured the web and all the Tomcat lists that I can find and still
cannot solve this error.  Everything works fine through port 8080 as
stand-alone, but when I try accessing Tomcat through Apache the page times
out with no output from the JSP.  Afterward my mod_jk.log file contains:

[jk_connect.c (143)]: jk_open_socket, connect() failed errno = 110
[jk_ajp12_worker.c (152)]: In jk_endpoint_t::service, Error sd = -1

I compiled mod_jk.so myself.  I've added mod_jk.conf-auto to my httpd.conf
file.  I altered workers.properties to reflect my JAVA_HOME, TOMCAT_HOME and
file separator ("/").  I have _not_ added the connector for ajp13 to my
server.xml file.

Here is my configuration:

Mandrake Linux 8.0
Apache 1.3.19
Java 1.3.1 (from Sun)
Tomcat 3.2.3

I've installed older versions of Tomcat on other configurations in the past
and did not have this much trouble.  I'm beginning to feel very discouraged.
Can anyone help?  Thanks.

Kelly E. Grooms
kellygrooms@telocity.com