tomcat-users mailing list archives

From "Han Lin" <han...@unidux.com.sg>
Subject RE: JSP pages cannot be viewed
Date Mon, 30 Jul 2001 21:35:17 GMT
Yes, I'm sure I am using the JDK and JRE too, here is my Environment
setting :

TOMCAT_HOME=/usr/local/jakarta-tomcat
LANG=en_US
JAVA_HOME=/usr/java/jdk1.3.1
LOGNAME=hanlim
SHLVL=2
SHELL=/bin/bash
HOSTTYPE=i386
OSTYPE=linux-gnu
HISTSIZE=10
TERM=xterm
HOME=/root
PATH=/usr/java/jdk1.3.1/bin:/usr/java/jdk1.3.1/lib/tools.jar:/usr/local/
jakarta-servletapi/lib/servlet.jar:/usr/local/bin:/bin:/usr/bin:/usr/X11
R6/bin:/home/hanlim/bin
_=/usr/bin/env

I think I set all thing properly but still cannot view the .jsp file.

And according to Emir Alikadic's recommended website
http://marc.theaimsgroup.com/?l=tomcat-user&m=97870338519857&w=2, I'm
not understand this statement :

/* One word of caution though: on a windows system, even if you
installed
the development kit, a JRE is installed as well.  Make sure you set your
JAVA_HOME environment variable to correct one.
(On my system the JDK is on c:\java\jdk1.3 and the JRE on c:\program
files\JavaSoft\JRE\1.3) */

How can I set the JRE path?

Thanks for help and suggestion.

regards,