tomcat-users mailing list archives

From "Greg Trasuk" <stratus...@on.aibn.com>
Subject RE: Report generation
Date Mon, 16 Jul 2001 16:44:26 GMT
If you're trying to do this without altering the source code for the JSP,
you could try opening the page through a java.net.URLConnection object and
saving the content that gets returned in a file.

Greg Trasuk, President
http://stratuscom.ca
-----Original Message-----
From: Uri Cohen [mailto:Uri@proficiency.com]
Sent: Monday, July 16, 2001 10:18 AM
To: Tomcat mailing list (E-mail)
Subject: Report generation

I have a report which is written as jsp file, and processed at runtime. The
jsp generates a report about objects in memory, using their attributes (The
object is a JavaBean). The problem now is that I want to save the reports
for future use, even when the object has been removed from the memory. Is
there any way to save the output of jsp processing to a file?

Regards,
Uri Cohen
Software Developer
Applications Group
Proficiency, Ltd.
tel: +972.2.548.0295
cel: +972.54.834022
fax:  +972.2.586.8371
email: mailto:uri@proficiency.com
The Intelligence in Engineering Supply Chain Collaboration
http://www.proficiency.com