tomcat-users mailing list archives

From "Greg Trasuk" <>
Subject RE: other files than jsp not processed by tomcat+mod_jk+apache
Date Sun, 08 Jul 2001 05:48:19 GMT
Hi Carlos:

As I understand it, you want the JSP/servlet pages processed through Tomcat,
but other files handled by Apache - correct?

If so, then is it possible that Apache doesn't know where to find the other
files?  You need to have a mapping like this in your httpd.conf:

	Alias /mycontext /path-to-mycontext/web

You may also have to set options on the directory, depending on the setup of
your Apache server.  Tomcat automatically generates configuration options
for Apache when it starts up - see conf/tomcat-apache.conf.  In most cases
you can simply use Apache's Include directive to include this file in your
Apache configuration.  If your setup is more complicated (e.g. virtual
hosts), at least the tomcat-apache.conf gives you a decent starting point.

Greg Trasuk.
StratusCom Manufacturing Systems - We use technology to turn information to
profits on your plant floor.

-----Original Message-----
From: Carlos Ferrão []
Sent: Saturday, July 07, 2001 10:26 PM
Subject: RE: other files than jsp not processed by tomcat+mod_jk+apache

	My http.conf loads the mod_jk.conf file in tomcat/conf. This file has a
/mycontext/*.jsp ajp12
The jsp's are executing through apache fine. Other files like html/gif's are
not found under my subcontext. The result is a page with my jsp processed
but without images and proper CSS formatting.
My WAR file has:

	Best Regards,
	Carlos Ferrao