tomcat-users mailing list archives

From "Lars Nielsen Lind" <moo...@worldonline.dk>
Subject Re: SSL Apache & Tomcat (NameBased VirtualHosts)
Date Thu, 19 Jul 2001 20:24:28 GMT
It dows not function correct. So I'll have to start one Apache instance with the httpd.conf
file (port80) and another with the httpd_ssl.conf file (port443 - made by myself). Just as
it is written in Professional Apache from Wrox.

It is apparently the one and only way to solve the problems with NameBased VirtualHost and
mod_ssl.

I have tried to use the apache, apachectl command, and also the /ect/rc.d/init.d/httpd start
command with -f <filename>, but it won't start with the SSL settings. The apache and
apachectl won't work at all.

Any solutions.

----- Original Message -----
From: "Ralph Einfeldt" <ralph.einfeldt@uptime-isc.de>
To: <tomcat-user@jakarta.apache.org>
Sent: Thursday, July 19, 2001 3:11 PM
Subject: AW: SSL Apache & Tomcat (NameBased VirtualHosts)

1. this is a bit off topic for questions like that, it's
   better go to the apache list

2. you don't have to setup 2 apaches:
   just define two virtual hosts in httpd.conf:

    NameVirtualHost 111.22.33.44

    <VirtualHost 111.22.33.44:80>
      ServerName www.domain.tld
      DocumentRoot /www/domain
    </VirtualHost>

    <VirtualHost 111.22.33.44:443>
      ServerName www.domain.tld
      DocumentRoot /www/domain
    </VirtualHost>

    <VirtualHost 111.22.33.44:80>
      ServerName www.otherdomain.tld
      DocumentRoot /www/otherdomain
    </VirtualHost>

    <VirtualHost 111.22.33.44:443>
      ServerName www.otherdomain.tld
      DocumentRoot /www/otherdomain
    </VirtualHost>

    see: http://httpd.apache.org/docs/vhosts/name-based.html

3. To start apache with a different config file use
   apache -f <file>

-----Urspr√ľngliche Nachricht-----