tomcat-users mailing list archives

From Bjarne Jørgensen <r...@nrd.dk>
Subject Re: Tomcat memory-leak problem
Date Wed, 11 Jul 2001 13:18:08 GMT
Hi!

Okay. Sounds okay. Because we have some "caching" servlets, but the object
should be terminated after it has been used.

Our server hosts 3 heavy-trafic sites, and you may be right about the source
of the memory leak is from the servlet pages.

Then i would like to know if there is a program to "clean up" objects. Like
a garbage collection on the system.

Thanks.

----- Original Message -----
From: "Randy Layman" <randy.layman@aswethink.com>
To: <tomcat-user@jakarta.apache.org>
Sent: Wednesday, July 11, 2001 1:13 PM
Subject: RE: Tomcat memory-leak problem

It isn't Tomcat, and it isn't Tomcat on windows that is causing your
problem.  I have a server, running NT 4 and has been running it for close to
2 months under moderate load, and haven't had any memory leaks. I would look
at your web applications and find the place where you are holding on to
memory.  I guarantee that it is your application and not Tomcat.

Randy