tomcat-users mailing list archives

From Marcin Gryszkalis <dag...@math.uni.lodz.pl>
Subject nt service problem
Date Mon, 25 Jun 2001 12:01:01 GMT
hello
I have:
Tomcat 3.2.2
jdk 1.3.1
Win2000sp2
Apache 1.3.20

I installed it and Tomcat runs well standalone
 - serves pages on port 8080
 - runs jsp-s requested from apache

After trying tu run it as a service after few problems
(paths with spaces, fixed) I installed it and started as service.
And here is the problem - it doesn't reply.

It's like that: after starting it serves static pages (8080)
but after trying .jsp / servlet it becomes deaf to any requests.
(even static pages are not served), It also takes much more time to stop
the service (I guess it's just killed)

What I know:
 - logs are standard (mod_jk.log is empty)
 - ports 8080, 8007, 8009 are open (checked with nmap)
   but cannot get any data from that

so, everything is like in standalone mode, except it doesn't
reply.

Wrapper.conf is ok, I set:
wrapper.tomcat_home=c:\ApacheGroup\Tomcat
wrapper.java_home=c:\jdk

greetings
Marcin

--