tomcat-users mailing list archives

From Fernando_Sala...@lotus.com
Subject Re: start up tomcat from a virtual terminal
Date Wed, 20 Jun 2001 17:14:17 GMT

Look up man page for "nohup".  This will start a process that continues
executing after the console
that created it is killed.  You'll need a command line that looks like:

nohup ./startup &

- Fernando

                    "Mario Vera"

                    <mario.vera@infom        To:     "TOMCAT" <tomcat-user@jakarta.apache.org>

                    ap.com.mx>               cc:     (bcc: Fernando Salazar/CAM/Lotus)

                                             Subject:     start up tomcat  from a virtual
terminal
                    06/20/2001 02:18

                    PM

                    Please respond to

                    tomcat-user

Hi

I have installed Tomcat 3.2 on SUN10000 SERVER (O.S. Solaris 2.7),I start
up
Tomcat from a remote machine using a virtual terminal, if I close the
terminal window, TOMCAT shut down too.

I have tried to use Telnet to start up TOMCAT, but this way the X SERVER
cannot started

Any idea will be appreciated.

Thank you