tomcat-users mailing list archives

Site index · List index
Message view « Date » · « Thread »
Top « Date » · « Thread »
From "Chris McNeilly" <cmcnei...@smartbrief.com>
Subject RE: Re: How to debug a missing servlet error?
Date Fri, 01 Jun 2001 13:15:45 GMT
I removed the servlet-mapping and still no luck.

This is really odd.  Is there any way to see where Tomcat is actually
looking for the class?

Chris

> -----Original Message-----
> From: Chris McNeilly [mailto:cmcneilly@smartbrief.com]
> Sent: Thursday, May 31, 2001 6:54 PM
> To: cmcneilly@smartbrief.com
> Subject: [Fwd: Re: How to debug a missing servlet error?]
>
>
>
>
> -------- Original Message --------
> Subject: Re: How to debug a missing servlet error?
> Date: Thu, 31 May 2001 14:02:01 -0700
> From: "Jeff Kilbride" <jeff@kilbride.com>
> Reply-To: tomcat-user@jakarta.apache.org
> To: <tomcat-user@jakarta.apache.org>
> References: <NFBBLHOPILIFPHIDANOGIEJPCCAA.cmcneilly@smartbrief.com>
>
> Hi Chris,
>
> Tomcat should recognize "/servlet/briefXSL" without the explicit
> servlet-mapping you are using -- but I don't know if that is
> what's causing
> your problem. For all my servlets, I have the following type of entry:
>
> <servlet>
>      <servlet-name>briefXSL</servlet-name>
>      <servlet-class>com.smartbrief.BriefXSL.Servlet</servlet-class>
> </servlet>
>
> The default Invoker automatically sets up "/servlet/" as a
> mapping for all
> your defined servlets. So, the above should be enough to get
> "/servlet/briefXSL" to pull up correctly -- without the
> servlet-mapping you
> have below. Maybe the explicit servlet-mapping you are doing
> is somehow
> messing with the default Invoker on Linux, but that's only
> speculation...
>
> Thanks,
> --jeff
>
> ----- Original Message -----
> From: "Chris McNeilly" <cmcneilly@smartbrief.com>
> To: <tomcat-user@jakarta.apache.org>
> Sent: Thursday, May 31, 2001 1:15 PM
> Subject: How to debug a missing servlet error?
>
>
>  > Hi,
>  >
>  > I have a development environment that works correctly (Win
> 98), but when
>  > I move the code over to my QA environment (Linux) tomcat
> can no longer
>  > find the servlet.  I have a web.xml file in the Web-Inf
> directory that
>  > has the following:
>  >
>  > <web-app>
>  >     <servlet>
>  >         <servlet-name>
>  >             briefXSL
>  >         </servlet-name>
>  >         <servlet-class>
>  >             com.smartbrief.BriefXSLServlet
>  >         </servlet-class>
>  >     </servlet>
>  >     <servlet-mapping>
>  >         <servlet-name>briefXSL</servlet-name>
>  >         <url-pattern>/servlet/briefXSL</url-pattern>
>  >     </servlet-mapping>
>  >
>  > </web-app>
>  >
>  > Tomcat receives the request from apache, but doesn't know
> what to do
>  > with it and spits back a 404.  It's almost as if tomcat
> isn't reading
>  > the web.xml file at all.
>  >
>  > Thanks,
>  >
>  > Chris
>  >
>
>
>


Mime
View raw message