tomcat-users mailing list archives

From "Chris McNeilly" <cmcnei...@smartbrief.com>
Subject RE: Tomcat 3.2.2 and Xerces
Date Tue, 19 Jun 2001 14:35:14 GMT
Sorry.  Asleep at the wheel.  I didn't see this earlier.

The problem is that Tomcat uses a different xml parser than xerces and
there is a version conflict of some sort that I knew back when I had the
problem  but have since forgotten.

To fix, the easiest way is to modify the tomcat.bat or tomcat.sh file in
the way the CLASSPATH is created.  Simply put your CLASSPATH defs before
the ones that are added by the script.  There should be a line like this

CP = CP + CLASSPATH

just flip it around

CP = CLASSPATH + CP

excuse the non-standard syntax, but hopefully you get the idea.  This
lets xerces be found first and the world is good.

Chris