tomcat-users mailing list archives

From "Christian Amann" <>
Subject RE: How to upload a binary file?
Date Tue, 19 Jun 2001 16:00:30 GMT

I am sorry that I don't have time to read your sourcecode completely, but
there is a very simple solution to upload files to a servlet or a jsp. There
is a special package from for uploading files of different
content-types from a browser.
In my JSP I have just one line that can do this:

import com.oreilly.servlet.*; the doGet or doPost method:

MultipartRequest multi = new MultipartRequest(request, filename);

"filename" is the path where you want to save the uploaded file. There are
much more cool things you can do with the oreilly-package. Just visit for an

Good Luck :)

Christian Amann

View raw message