tomcat-users mailing list archives

From "Chris Faulkner" <chris_faulk...@anytimenow.com>
Subject IIS and Tomcat
Date Mon, 04 Jun 2001 22:50:10 GMT
Hi

I am just trying to get my servlets tested on IIS (windows 2000) and Tomcat.
I have done all the set-up steps, the isapi_redirect stuff seems to be
functioning. I have IIS on W2K with Tomcat 3.2.2 and JDK 1.3.0_02. IIS is on
the usual port 80.

If I start up "tomcat run", tomcat starts and initialises everything (IIS is
also running at this time)

http://localhost:8080/examples/servlet/SnoopServlet

I can see that its coming from Tomcat.

If I hit

http://localhost/examples/servlet/SnoopServlet

This also works and it tells me that the port is 80 and the server is
Tomcat. However, I know that the port 80 is being served by IIS and I can
see the request in the IIS logs, being redirected to
/jakarta/isapi_redirect.dll. Why is it telling me that the web server is
Tomcat ?

So it all looks good, except that if I do a "tomcat stop", then the servlet
requests to IIS start to fail. Is this expected ? If so, can I run tomcat
without opening up that 8080 port ? Maybe I'm a bit confused  but I'd like
to have tomcat managing my servlets without essentially having a second web
server running.

Secondly, how do I get a jar loaded and get access to the classes within
that jar ? Where do I put it and how can classes in it be aliased ?

Thirdly, and probably related, how can I use the <servlet> tag in my .shtml
web pages. I was using Apache JSSI previously.

Thanks very much

Chris Faulkner