tomcat-users mailing list archives

From "Filip Hanik" <m...@filip.net>
Subject RE: Where can I tune the Server-load ?
Date Thu, 14 Jun 2001 18:27:44 GMT
well, Tomcat and Apache are two different programs, they don't override each
others config files at all.
if you want to tune Tomcat, you can set the number of threads that the
different connectors (HTTP, AJP12, etc) are running. this is done in the
server.xml file,.

the tomcat user guide explains this in detail

http://jakarta.apache.org/tomcat/tomcat-3.2-doc/uguide/tomcat_ug.html

Filip

~
Namaste - I bow to the divine in you
~
Filip Hanik
Software Architect
filip@filip.net
www.filip.net
-----Original Message-----
From: Francesco Marchioni [mailto:FMnotifications@hotmail.com]
Sent: Thursday, June 14, 2001 10:11 AM
To: tomcat-user@jakarta.apache.org
Subject: Where can I tune the Server-load ?

Hi tomcat-users,

sorry for posting the question again but I'm stil looking for an answer  :(

I'd like to know where can I tune the number of Threads/Process that will
start
or peak...through Apache configuration or through Tomcat ?
in other words, the configuration in Tomcat overrides the Apache httpd.conf
? or viceversa?
Thanks
Francesco