tomcat-users mailing list archives

From "Colin Brumelle" <cbrume...@home.com>
Subject Specifying the root of your app???
Date Fri, 29 Jun 2001 22:42:02 GMT
Hi All,

My Problem:

     When I need to read or write something to disk, I always have trouble
finding out where the root of my application is... For example, If my
application is in "webapps", Tomcat treats the "bin" directory as the root
(because thats where its running). How do you specify a different directory
as the "root" of your application? Or is there some other way to refer to
the directory where the jsp is run from? (Through the servlet context???)
Ideally, I just want to be able to say "look one directory up from wherever
this jsp is run from, and open file "blah.xml" or something...

Thanks a bunch...

Colin Brumelle