tomcat-users mailing list archives

From "Ross Dyson" <rdy...@reef.com>
Subject RE: server side includes, tomcat and jsp files
Date Thu, 07 Jun 2001 00:58:19 GMT

Looks bad with no formatting, but you can figure it out :-)
Ross.

-----Original Message-----
From: Mick Lysejko [mailto:mickly@hotmail.com]
Sent: Thursday, 7 June 2001 8:48 AM
To: tomcat-user@jakarta.apache.org
Subject: server side includes, tomcat and jsp files

Hi folks,

I have installed apache 1.3.17 and tomcat 1.3.3 and it all works fine.
However, I wish to do server side includes in my jsp files and this does not
work.  eg. <!-- #include virtual="...." -->

I have tried the apache directive:
adhandler server-parse .jsp

in httpd.conf. Here it stops my jsp pages getting parsed and I got server
errors (400 I think).

I then tried adding it to apache-tomcat.conf
-- here it just gets over writen....

Then I tried to put it in tomcat.conf
-- here it seems to be totaly ignored.

Does anyone have any Ideas. any help welcome  :)

Thank you

Mick.