tomcat-users mailing list archives

From "Meyer, James" <james.me...@experian.com>
Subject RE: Where can I tune the Server-load ?
Date Thu, 14 Jun 2001 19:09:49 GMT
You can set the number of apache process in the httpd.conf file and the
number of tomcat threads in the tomcat server.xml file.

http://jakarta.apache.org/tomcat/tomcat-3.2-doc/uguide/tomcat_ug.html
<http://jakarta.apache.org/tomcat/tomcat-3.2-doc/uguide/tomcat_ug.html>
goto that link and search for Configuring the Thread Pool

-James

-----Original Message-----
From: Francesco Marchioni [mailto:FMnotifications@hotmail.com]
Sent: Thursday, June 14, 2001 12:11 PM
To: tomcat-user@jakarta.apache.org
Subject: Where can I tune the Server-load ?

Hi tomcat-users,

sorry for posting the question again but I'm stil looking for an answer  :(

I'd like to know where can I tune the number of Threads/Process that will
start
or peak...through Apache configuration or through Tomcat ?
in other words, the configuration in Tomcat overrides the Apache httpd.conf
? or viceversa?
Thanks
Francesco