tomcat-users mailing list archives

From Jann VanOver <Jann.VanO...@loudeye.com>
Subject RE: server side includes, tomcat and jsp files
Date Thu, 07 Jun 2001 09:12:31 GMT
Ross, the include format he showed was the common server side include format
that can be used in HTML with many web servers (including both apache and
IIS)

-----Original Message-----
From: Ross Dyson [mailto:rdyson@reef.com]
Sent: Wednesday, June 06, 2001 5:58 PM
To: tomcat-user@jakarta.apache.org
Subject: RE: server side includes, tomcat and jsp files

Where did you get this syntax from?
<!-- #include virtual="...." -->

jsp has 2 sorts of includes, compile time and run time.
from the jsp 1.1 spec document:
TABLE 2-1 Summary of Include Mechanisms in JSP 1.1
Syntax What Phase Spec Object Description Section
<%@ include file=... %> directive translation-time virtual static Content is
parsed by
JSP container.
2.7.6
<jsp:include page= /> action request-time virtual static
and
dynamic
Content is not parsed; it
is included in place.
2.13.4

Looks bad with no formatting, but you can figure it out :-)
Ross.