tomcat-users mailing list archives

From "Brandon Cruz" <bc...@norvax.com>
Subject Java Question
Date Tue, 12 Jun 2001 18:18:23 GMT
I have looked all over and can't find the answer to this simple question.
If you use a static method, do you have to synchronize it in case other
people may access it at the same time.  For example, I have a static Utility
class to do date calculations.  The method Utility.getMonth(String date)
takes in a full date string, parses it, and returns just the month value.
If 5 different people all using the website attempt to use
Utility.getMonth(String date) at the same time for different dates, will it
return the right results?  If not, do I have to synchronize it or something
in case multiple users attempt to access it?

I know this is not really related to tomcat, but since I am using tomcat,
and everyone else using tomcat is also a java developer, I figured this is
the best place I can ask.

Thanks for any help!!!

Brandon