tomcat-users mailing list archives

From "Brandon Cruz" <bc...@norvax.com>
Subject RE: How to make tomcat read .asp extension as .jsp file
Date Mon, 11 Jun 2001 23:18:55 GMT
Filip,
Thank you for the suggestions, I will continue to play around with it, but
here is what I have come up with for those 3 solutions so far.  Guess I may
have to suck it up and go in and change everything.

1) No knowledge of how to write a batch script that can do this...I could do
it in java, but figured there must be an easier way.

2)This is going to be deployed on a server with quite a few other sites, so
I would prefer to keep it local...hopefully I could set an alias or
something inside the individual context in server.xml

3) I have tried that technique in the web.xml, but my changes don't seem to
be working as long as I want to use .jsp extensions also...again, I still
would like to keep it local.

Brandon

-----Original Message-----
From: Filip Hanik [mailto:mail@filip.net]
Sent: Monday, June 11, 2001 6:10 PM
To: tomcat-user@jakarta.apache.org
Subject: RE: How to make tomcat read .asp extension as .jsp file

three ways

1. 250 files, that is nothing, why don't you just write a .bat (batch)
script to do this for you?
otherwise,

2. change the file WebXmlReader.java and add this line
	ctx.addServletMapping( "*.asp", "jsp");

3. in your web.xml file, I'm sure you can add in the lines
	<servlet-mapping>
        <servlet-name>
            jsp
        </servlet-name>
        <url-pattern>
            *.asp
        </url-pattern>
    </servlet-mapping>

but I haven't verified the last one (3.) so you may want to play around with
it.

Filip

~
Namaste - I bow to the divine in you