tomcat-users mailing list archives

From "Brandon Cruz" <bc...@norvax.com>
Subject RE: multipart/form-data&tomcat 3.2.2 problem
Date Fri, 29 Jun 2001 13:45:33 GMT
I found that when uploading a multipart-form data post, you need to make
sure to never attempt to access the HttpServletRequest object.  You need to
create your own request and access only that.  If you try to access the
regular HttpServletRequest, then it shows a page cannot be found.

Brandon Cruz

-----Original Message-----
From: ahmet yilmaz [mailto:ahmet_yilmaz1@yahoo.com]
Sent: Friday, June 29, 2001 5:02 AM
To: tomcat-user@jakarta.apache.org
Subject: multipart/form-data&tomcat 3.2.2 problem

 Hello,

  I have written a page to upload files.The problem is
although some files are uploaded correctly, some files
end up with getting "Cannot find server, The page can
not be displayed " error in Internet Explorer.
Firstly i thought this was due to my bad coding
practice, but I deleted the part that handles the
upload. Now the file just posts the request, and
the part recieving the multipart/form-data justs
prints
out the headers to stderr, and builds a basic page.

But I still get the same errors? what may be the cause
of this?