tomcat-users mailing list archives

From "Chauhan, Anand" <Anand.Chau...@iCanSP.com>
Subject RE: Tomcat/Apache problem
Date Fri, 08 Jun 2001 15:58:00 GMT
That shouldn't be a problem. Just follow the installation instructions as specified for Apache/Tomcat
how-to and that would work. Also, since you are installing Tomcat as of now, I would suggest
you to go for mod_jk rather than the elderly mod_jserv(it sucks!)

Let me know if you have problems.

All the best,
Anand..

-----Original Message-----
From: Priya Gupta [mailto:piyugupta2000@yahoo.com]
Sent: Friday, June 08, 2001 9:18 AM
To: tomcat-user@jakarta.apache.org
Subject: Tomcat/Apache problem

Hello
   I have a very simple problem but its got me stuck!
May be someone can take off a little time and help me
with this!
   I have Apache HTTP server 1.3 with JServ 1.1
running on Windows 2000 server and would like to
upgrade the system to Tomcat 3.1
   Now if I wish to install Tomcat on the same machine
but a separate directory and configure it to listen on
a different port. Then would it mess up my JServ
installation and if not then how do I proceed with it!
   Any help would be deeply appreciated!
     Thanks
     Priya