tomcat-users mailing list archives

From "Chauhan, Anand" <Anand.Chau...@iCanSP.com>
Subject RE: Load Balancing Performance w/ mod_jk vs. Alternative Methods
Date Fri, 08 Jun 2001 15:35:50 GMT
I am working on a production version myself. I also need to find the same info.. Let me know
if you get good replies from the list.

Thanks a bunch,
-Andy

-----Original Message-----
From: Michael Percy [mailto:mpercy@portera.com]
Sent: Thursday, June 07, 2001 6:53 PM
To: 'tomcat-user@jakarta.apache.org'
Subject: Load Balancing Performance w/ mod_jk vs. Alternative Methods

Hi Tomcatters!

I'm trying to find information regarding the performance of mod_jk load
balancing as opposed to other hardware or more traditional solutions (ie.
Round-Robin DNS, etc.). Specifically, is anyone currently using mod_jk's
load balancing features in a production environment? If so, how is the
speed? Does it scale well?

We are very interested in scalability vs. cost (and obviously, mod_jk scores
high points for low cost :). If anyone knows of a study or performance
evaluation, as well, a pointer would be greatly appreciated. Thanks so much!

Regards,
Mike