tomcat-users mailing list archives

From "Chauhan, Anand" <Anand.Chau...@iCanSP.com>
Subject RE: Apache and Tomcat on different boxes
Date Wed, 06 Jun 2001 17:01:17 GMT
wonderful.. seems good.. thanks a bunch.

-----Original Message-----
From: Jason Koeninger [mailto:jkoenin@jjcc.com]
Sent: Wednesday, June 06, 2001 12:21 PM
To: tomcat-user@jakarta.apache.org
Subject: RE: Apache and Tomcat on different boxes

The workers.properties file should be on the Apache machine.  The
problem you're running into is that the documentation usually assumes
Tomcat and Apache are on the same machine, and it's leading you
to believe that workers.properties has something to do with Tomcat.
workers.properties is only relevant to mod_jk running on Apache, not
to Tomcat.  If you need the example file provided with Tomcat, just copy
it over to the Apache machine from a distribution of Tomcat and point
JkWorkersFile to the right place on the local file system.

And yes, it does work.  I've run several development and production
systems this way.

Best Regards,

Jason Koeninger
J&J Computer Consulting
http://www.jjcc.com

On Wed, 6 Jun 2001 11:23:07 -0400, Chauhan, Anand wrote:

>The idea seems great. But how would you access the worker.properties file on the remote
machine. Or is it that, as suggested, you would be "creating" a  worker.properties file in
the conf/worker.properties