tomcat-users mailing list archives

From "Chauhan, Anand" <>
Subject RE: Apache and Tomcat on different boxes
Date Wed, 06 Jun 2001 15:23:07 GMT
The idea seems great. But how would you access the file on the remote machine.
Or is it that, as suggested, you would be "creating" a file in the conf/

Did the idea work for you ? Let me know. Thanks.

-----Original Message-----
From: []
Sent: Wednesday, June 06, 2001 10:10 AM
To: Jason Koeninger
Subject: Re: Apache and Tomcat on different boxes

Thks for replying,

                   So if i understand you correctly, i have to create
a "" file in my apache conf dir and have mod_jk look for it

httpd.conf contains

LoadModule    jk_module  libexec/
AddModule     mod_jk.c

JkMount /someurl remotetomcat

and file in apache/conf contains:

           Is that all i have to do?

Thks a Million,

Quoting Jason Koeninger <>:

> The ip address or hostname of the Tomcat machine is stored
> in the file referenced by your mod_jk setup.
> I've also seen some sort of url version of the JkMount command,
> but I've never used it myself and don't know if it works or what
> versions it works on.
> Best Regards,
> Jason Koeninger
> J&J Computer Consulting
> On Wed, 6 Jun 2001 18:29:49 +0800, Paul Tan wrote:
> >Hi all,
> >
> >            I tried searching to mailing list b4 posting here. Anyway,
> what must i put into apache's "http.conf" for
> to enable a connection to a separate machine containing tomcat
> 3.2.2?
> >
> >                Placing both the Web Server and App server into 1
> machine is rather well documented. But I can't seem
> to find any for separate machines.
> >Can someone show me where to fish? or would someone gimme a fish?
> >
> >Thks,
> >Paul

View raw message