tomcat-users mailing list archives

From Alexandre Bouchard <rolivawdan...@mac.com>
Subject Re: I need an advice to make Tomcat a NT service
Date Thu, 07 Jun 2001 22:00:35 GMT
Thx for the warning Randy (about the JDBC-ODBC)

I didn't know that JDBC-ODBC was experimental and instable. I already asked
to the mailing list which kind of driver (1,2,3 or 4) I should use for my
database accessing, and many adviced me not to use JDBC-ODBC. But in my
testing environment (tomcat is not yet deployed, i am still testing it on my
pc before risking me on the big servers of the company) I tested JDBC-ODBC
and it worked fine. I am not sure of the meaning of "thread safe". Does that
mean that if 2 users try at the same time to send queries then the server
will crash? Or that if I log out and let tomcat+IIS run as a service then
the server will crash? Or both?

thx

But the more I use Access DBs, the more I want to get rid of them (I did not
chose this weak technology, it's the one i replaced that did) I think I will
replace it by SQLServer [ if I'd be alone, the architecture would be
BSD-Apache-Tomcat-mySQL, but the office is full of microsoft-certified guys
]. I've got two more questions about that:
-is it hard to install (how many hours approx) ?  //scuse me if this one is
not related to jakarta
-is it it easy to communicate from JDBC to SQLServer DBs ?

Thx (Again)