tomcat-users mailing list archives

From Randy Layman <randy.lay...@aswethink.com>
Subject RE: OutOfMemory Error
Date Tue, 19 Jun 2001 20:44:31 GMT

	Chances are you either:
	1.  Are using a very small stack (using -Xmx with a small number)
	2.  You are putting items into sessions that you aren't removing and
your sessions aren't expiring fast enough to keep your system in memory
	3.  You have a servlet with a class or static variable that is some
form of a list or map and you keep adding to it

	I have Tomcat installed on a server at a client location.  Its been
up for 30 days this time, 45 at the longest, and the memory has stayed
pretty constant (creeping up and then back down with usage)

	Randy