tomcat-users mailing list archives

From Michael Wentzel <Michael.Went...@aswethink.com>
Subject RE: Exception message
Date Mon, 18 Jun 2001 10:55:50 GMT
>   I'm new user of tomcat web server. I'm able to setup the
> web server and view the default Tomcat home page but
> sometimes I got an exception message displayed on my dos
> screen when I try to run the my test program. Is my program
> caused this exception or the setup ?
>
> Thanks
>
> Here is the exception message:
>
> 2001-06-18 11:50:34 - Ctx( /mytest ): IOException in:
> R( /mytest + /test.html + null) Connection aborted by peer:
> socket write error

This is not really an exception.  What is happening is the
browser realizes that it already has a cached copy of the doc
and closes the connection with the server before transfer has
been completed.  The server has no way of knowing the difference
between a erroneous socket close and a pre-empted socket close
such as this one.  Therefore it assumes an error since it can't
write to a socket which was previously open.

---
Michael Wentzel
Software Developer
Software As We Think - http://www.aswethink.com