tomcat-users mailing list archives

From "Williamson, James" <James.William...@windsor.co.uk>
Subject RE: Compiling JSP's under Solaris
Date Fri, 01 Jun 2001 13:32:30 GMT
Martin,

When you mention tools.jar is in the classpath, are we talking of you
setting in within the shell script that launches tomcat or the enviornment
(aka shell) which you invoke the script from. Looking at the shell script
that starts up tomcat (tc4) it appears that it doesn't adopt the classpath
within the shell that invoked it. Why don't you put some debug statements
inside this script which tell you exactly what classpath it's using?

Regards,

James

-----Original Message-----
From: Martin Anstis [mailto:m.anstis@searchspace.com]
Sent: 01 June 2001 13:08
To: 'tomcat-user@jakarta.apache.org'
Subject: Compiling JSP's under Solaris

Hello,
I've developed a fairly large JSP based application which runs nicely on
windows NT, but due to spec of machines performance is slow. So moved
application to Sun Sparc running Solaris 2.5. JSP compilation fails with
noClassDef looking for sun.tools.javac.Main despite tools.jar being in the
classpath. I've been trying hacks of startup/tomcat.sh, building my own
'java' command, using different versions of JDK (1.2.2,1.3) all to no avail.
What am I doing wrong? Should tomcat operate as a standalone servlet
container in the environment I describe? Please help, I'm losing hope,
sanity and temperance...

Martin

Searchspace Limited                 	Tel: 020 7255 1054
Prospect House                      	Fax: 020 7436 9443
80-110 New Oxford Street  		Mob: 07890 896 654
London WC1A 1HB 			m.anstis@searchspace.com
UK					www.searchspace.com

  WARNING: For your own safety all email attachments
  should be virus scanned prior to opening.
  This communication contains information which is
  confidential and may be privileged. Please note
  that the opinions expressed in this communication
  are not necessarily those of Searchspace Limited.

This e-mail (including any documents which may accompany it) contains
information which is confidential and may also be privileged.
It is for the exclusive use of the intended recipient(s).
If you are not the intended recipient(s) please note that any form of
distribution, copying or use of this e-mail or the information in it
or attached to it is strictly prohibited and may be unlawful.
If you have received this e-mail in error please notify us immediately
by e-mail to info@windsor.co.uk or telephone +44 (0)207 940 1200 and
delete the e-mail.
Please advise immediately if you or your employer do not consent to
Internet E-Mail for messages of this type.
Information or opinions in this message that do not relate to the
business of Windsor plc and/or subsidiary and/or associated companies
shall be treated as neither given or endorsed by it.