tomcat-users mailing list archives

From Jim Cheesman <jch...@msl.es>
Subject RE: FW: newbie: Starting Tomcat
Date Fri, 15 Jun 2001 11:17:22 GMT
At 12:28 PM 15/06/01, you wrote:
>Firstly, a big thanx for the help so far.  I have felt so helpless for the
>last couple of days just trying to get Tomcat working.
>
>Jean-Etienne:  I have tried the suggestion of including "jnet.jar" in my
>classpath, however, it appears that I don't even have that file in my
>"Tomcat" or "Java" directories.
>
>Dimitri: I deleted the test directory and reran "tomcat run" with no
>success.  I get the same error message and the test directory is recreated.
>I have located several "LocalSTrings_en.properties" files in the following
>directories:
>
>E:\jakarta-tomcat-3.2.2\src\org\apache\tomcat\ resources
>E:\jakarta-tomcat-3.2.2\\webapps\examples\WEB-INF\classes
>
>Should I move or copy this file somewhere else as well?

You could try copying the files to the webapps\test\WEB-INF\classes
directory and see if that helps - I'm guessing that the test directory is
being recreated from the test.war file you have in the webapps directory -
you could also try deleting test.war and the test directory.

(And don't worry - I'm sure most of us went through the same thing setting
tomcat up the first time: I certainly did ;)

HTH,
JimC

--

                           *   Jim Cheesman   *